Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Winter Fire Blog Stop


Title: Winter’s FireAuthor: Lizzy Ford

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Release Date: June 21, 2013
Tour Organizer: B3 Tours







Synopsis:


With a Dark witching seeking revenge against him, Beck, the eighteen-year-old Master of 

Light, must find a way to protect those he loves, the witchlings - and his heart. His duty 
is further complicated by Morgan, a beautiful Fire witching with a secret that threatens to 
destroy the progress he's made protecting the Light.
This is the third book in the bestselling Witchling Series. "Dark Summer," the first book 
in the series, is currently rated as the #1 Top Rated Teen Romance on Amazon. http://

www.amazon.com/gp/top-rated/digital-text/6064565011




Author Bio:

Lizzy Ford is the author of over seventeen novels written for young adult and adult paranormal romance readers, to include the internationally bestselling Rhyn Trilogy, Witchling Trilogy and the War of Gods series. Considered a freak of nature by her peers 
for the ability to write and release a commercial quality novel in under a month, Lizzy has focused on keeping her readers happy by producing brilliant, gritty romances that remind people why true love is a trial worth enduring.

In late March 2012, “Damian’s Oracle” (Book I, War of Gods) was featured in USA 

Today, an indication that Lizzy’s career is just starting to take off!
In November 2012, Lizzy signed with Margery Walshaw of Evatopia, a literary management and production firm representing writers and their books to TV/movie studios in Hollywood.


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?


When I was in the third grade. I wrote a horrible story about the sun. Of course, I thought it was awesome. I’ve always been compelled to write.

How long does it take you to write your books?

It takes between two and four weeks for one of my novels. I tend to write multiple books at once, so it just depends on how focused I am on any one book.
My favorite genre to write in is adult paranormal romance. I launched a young adult paranormal series last autumn that has been pretty successful. I’ve also written in other sub-genres of romance: contemporary, science fiction, urban fantasy, and so on.
I have a problem of being to easily distracted! Haha! But, I also have to be flexible about when I write, because online promotion can be a moving target. Some days, I really do just want to sit and write, but I can’t afford to do that. I’ve got to be online every day, too.



Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?



Dreams, random bits of inspiration and just an insanely wild imagination.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Not sure. Close to twenty. I’ve got seventeen out right now with another several due out in the next two months. I think my favorite is “Damian’s Oracle,” because it’s the book that launched my career and helped me believe I really can follow my dreams and be a full-time writer.

Are you currently working on another book? If so, is it part of a series or something different?

Yes! I’m working on several!


“Winter Fire” – third book in the Witchling series
“Deidre’s Death” – second book in the Rhyn Eternal series
Untitled – first book in a new young adult paranormal series
“No Way Back” – a contemporary romance I published under a different name that I’m revising for re-release under my own name.


And a few others. I’m also about to start a co-written book with young adult author Julia Crane.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I don’t have a lot of down time! When I’m not writing, I’m planning or marketing or similar. I have three dogs I play with every day, and my husband and I try to go to San Diego once a year for vacation and also Las Vegas. Otherwise, I’m at my laptop, working.


What does your family think of your writing?

My husband has read a couple of books, plus the sex scenes in “Zoey Rogue.” Haha! He likes them but romance isn’t his genre. My mom has a worse attention span than mine, so I’m not sure she’s finished any of my books. My dad has, though, which is odd. He’s read all my paranormal romances.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned about yourself in creating your books?

That my ideas are good. Haha! I had absolutely no self-confidence when I self-published my first novel. When I realized that people actually liked it, I was really surprised.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

Become a writer.

Are you self published or do you have a publisher? If self published, what made you decide to go that route?

I am a hybrid author. Most of my titles are self-published. I signed with a small publisher in Beverly Hills who specializes in books-to-TV this past February for my Witchling and Incubatti series.


Originally, I self-published because I tried and failed to find an agent or publisher for over ten years. I sent in hundreds of queries and can count the amount of responses – all negative – I received on one hand. I gave up for awhile but kept writing, because I’ve always felt it’s what I’m meant to do.


With the advancement of technology, it’s now free to self-publish your work, so I decided to go for it. What I found: people love my books, even if The Industry didn’t.  I was self-published only for over two years and then signed with Evatopia to work on getting my Witchlings a TV series. It’s a work in progress.


Lizzy’s social media links

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Pinterest
Wattpad
Goodreads
LinkedIn


Series by Lizzy Ford

Witchling Trilogy

Rhyn Trilogy

Rhyn Eternal

Damian’s Eternal

Foretold Trilogy

Incubatti Series

Single Titles by Lizzy Ford

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me!!

    Lizzy :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE Lizzy Ford and everything she writes! Great interview and post

    ReplyDelete