Saturday, March 1, 2014

Forbidden Alliance

Hey fans. I had the pleasure of reading books 1 & 2 in the Forbidden Alliance by Danae Ayusso.

These books are phenomenal. Here they are, along with my reviews!






$4.99 Amazon

$4.99 Nook Link

Jay Dee doesn't know where she came from, who she is, or why she washed up on the beach when she was a child. The only life she had ever known was on the reservation with her tribe and pack. In a world of bronze skin and dark werewolves Jay Dee stood out: she was a white wolf. Slow to temper and reserved, Jay Dee was content with being the butt of every joke and being treated like an outcast and the outsider, until a new outsider, a vampire, came to town. Finding solace in Tanis's light heartedness and his inability to not blurt out everything in his head when he’s around her, Jay Dee doesn’t feel alone anymore.
Tanis is vampire that was more human than most, with an addiction to food and the finer things in life. His coven had to relocate due to his sister and her lack in control. Moving from Paris to Lummi, Washington, with a population of less than five hundred was not what he wanted to do. However, when Jay Dee walked into class Monday morning small town life wasn't starting to look so bad. 
Between haunting dreams of a war that Jay Dee had never heard of, and witnessing the death of a king and queen, her future and destiny is revealed, a destiny that she wants no part of. A destiny that will surely sentence her and everyone she loves to die.



A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #1)A Werewolf's Tale by Danae Ayusso
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is not your average Vamp/Shifter book. This story will transport you to a whole new world. As you start, you feel as if you're reading a YA novel. But the attitude and maturity of the characters is beyond that. I think readers of all ages will agree that this saga is amazing. You're sucked in and left begging for more at the end.

Jay Dee is an outcast in her own Werewolf pack. She falls for a Vampire and from there they struggle to save all of mythical kind. There are twists and turns throughout the book. The characters, all of them, are well thought out and well written.

On the downside, I did get annoyed with the overly Brittish and overly "formal" way Tanis spoke, but it grows on you.

The romance in this book is instant, yet you feel them both work on it. It's not a perfect relationship. But it feels right. If you like Romance, Paranormal, Shifters and Vamps, you need to read this Saga.

View all my reviews





$4.99 Amazon

$4.99 Nook Link

The highly anticipated second installment of the Forbidden Alliance Trilogy. 
Enjoy.



A Vampire's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #2)A Vampire's Tale by Danae Ayusso
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As this tale continues, you would think the overwhelming amount of history thrown at you throughout would put you to sleep or drag down the story. But it doesn't. Each tale of the past, or back story, enhances each person. Yes, we meet a lot of new people in this second book, but each one means something to the story. The author makes sure that as the pieces of this puzzling saga fall, you're brought up to speed and understand it. The intricate detailing of this story leave me in awe. I'm not the type who reads Fantasy and only when it's super sexy do I read paranormal. But these books have brought me out of my comfort zone, and I'll admit, I've enjoyed it. These are great books and I'm now panting, waiting for the next one!

Yes, as always, there's a downfall. I think Tanis is a little too emotional "sniveling" for my liking. I would have loved to see him a stronger character. More back bone, butt kicking Vamp.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment