Monday, October 6, 2014

Power Play and Interview





Power Play

by Marianne Morea
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Tour Organizer: NK Author Services





Tough as nails, Mitch Paris trained with the best, earning a place as second-in-command to the Alpha of the Brethren. Rissa Leighton survived sickness and an unhappy marriage until the fates brought the two of them together. Never one to give up a fight, it's now Mitch's turn to take the lead as alpha of his own pack, but after a ten year absence he returns home with Rissa to the Canadian Northwest Territories to find more than just the landscape has changed. A Blood Challenge has been issued, and not only must he prove his worth but past intrigues raise questions about his future, his new family and a murder that could change the course of their life and love...








Born and raised in New York, Marianne Morea’s stories embody the grit and complexity of the city. An avid traveler, she uses experiences from around the world in all her books. Dark Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy Suspense and Horror are the hallmarks of her writing style, where readers are thrust into a world where the city never sleeps because the nightmares are real.


Interview 
1.       How did you start writing?
About five years ago my husband surprised me with a new laptop for Christmas. I had been talking about writing fiction for a while, and surprise, he actually listened! I jumped in with both feet and wrote Hunter’s Blood, the first book in the Cursed by Blood Series. Shortly after, I won a pitch contest with Harlequin Nocturne Bites, but got tired of wadding through publishing industry red tape. I formed my own company in 2012 and published the book and every subsequent book in the series, myself. It’s been a long, hard road with a very steep learning curve these past two years, but promised myself I would handle my business the same way the big six publishing houses handle theirs...professionally. I have editors, cover artists and proofreaders on my virtual staff, and when a book is ready for pre-press they all get a call and it’s go time. I love it!
2.       How long have you been writing?
I’ve always been in love with words. From as far back as middle school, I found myself creating worlds and characters while I daydreamed and eventually I wrote them down. I had journals upon journals of dreams and thoughts and snippets of stories, but I never thought it would become a career. I always thought I’d go to law school, especially since I have a flare for the dramatic. As it turned out I became a journalist and then got my masters in fine art for graphic design. But as everything in life, things come full circle and now I’m writing full time. But that’s karma for you…

3.       What does your family think of you writing?
My husband is proud, but he thinks I’m crazy. LOL! My kids know that pizza is on speed dial when deadlines are tight and clean laundry becomes a suggestion rather than a necessity! Just kidding! My kids are a little older, so they help out a lot when it’s crunch time and I also have a terrific mother-in-law who pinch hits for me. My kids will tell you if you enter my home office while I’m on deadline and it’s not a true emergency, it’s at your own risk. Even the dogs walk softly. LOL! They’re all proud that I’m rocking my life and doing what I love. My oldest daughter and her friends have even beta read my Teen/YA series. Now, I don’t know if it was completely altruistic on my daughter’s part, or more that she didn’t want me to embarrass her by getting the ‘teen speak’ wrong, but either way, I was grateful. As proud as they are of me, I’m the one who’s blessed to have them. They’re me real world. The others I just make up…
4.       Who’s your biggest supporter in your life?
My family. And I mean all of them…from my husband and kids to my parents and siblings and even my in-laws and outlaws. I’m blessed to have a large support system around me. I also have a tight knit group of friends, and yes, that includes some Facebook friends. People say that those met online aren’t true friends, but I’ve gotten more support at times when tragedy and sadness have touched my life from people I’ve never met but talk to everyday, than from some of my neighbors. I also have an amazing Street Team. These people are my biggest cheerleaders and I don’t know what I would do without them.
5.       What’s your favorite place to write?

I have a home office on the first floor of my house which is where I do the bulk of my writing. It’s like my equivalent of a mancave…only nicer and definitely cleaner. Though I do the bulk of it there on my laptop, I truly enjoy sitting outside in the grass or on the beach or even just on my own back porch with a notebook and a pencil. This summer my family vacationed at the Outerbanks, NC and the weather was so beautiful we spend most of our time on the beach. I wrote five chapters in POWER PLAY in two days! It took me the rest of the week to type it into my laptop after everyone went to sleep, but hey…LOL! So, yeah…outside is best for me. Warmth and sunshine are definitely attractive to my muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment