Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Romance Reviews

Good Morning Fans! Wondering what you should read or avoid? Check out these Romance reviews!


Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2)
Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
$2.99 Amazon
What a story! This book had some drama, love and lots of hotness. I really enjoyed the journey that Ellen and Caleb take you on. I sort of feel the whole "job" he had to do was anti-climatic. A little something to that would have made this a five star story. For the most part, it's predictable. Most romances are. But all in all, it's a great romance. The dynamics of the Clark family and the Callahan family, and how they grow throughout the story is just a gripping tale. I couldn't put this down.






Beyond ParallelBeyond Parallel by Matthew Turner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
$2.99 Amazon
Maybe it was just me, but at times I found this book hard to follow. I had to re-read and flip back and forth to see if I had missed something. I'm not a fan of alternating stories in one book. I just couldn't enjoy it, because I spent half my time scratching my head, wondering what just happened. It's not poorly written, it just isn't what the summary seemed.



 Blind FaithBlind Faith by Kimberley Reeves
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
$1.50 Amazon
This was a good book. I enjoyed reading it. There's a gut wrenching story here that makes you want to stand up and cheer for Serena, and applaud Will. The dynamics between them has you stuck in this story. You're pulled in from the start and holding on til the end. I couldn't put it down. Con: The ending seems a little rushed, I wish it had played out more, but it really is a good love story.



The Impostor, A Love StoryThe Impostor, A Love Story by Tiffany Carmouche
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
$2.99 Amazon
WTF! That's my title for this review, because damn, there's no better way to describe it. This whole book is a rollercoaster of emotions. Up and down. The action is edge of your seat, sweating, yelling at the book.. NOOOO!!! The love between Dylan and Nicole takes time to build, but is so worth it. You can feel it! Then there's Brad! Oh wow. This just really is such a great book. The depth of underlying tone, dealing with abuse, showing there is life after it, really means something. The characters are so well developed. The beautiful picture painted with the words in this book, make me want to go to Alaska so bad. I can't wait to dive into the next one! This was so good!




The Nanny (D'Amato Brothers #1)The Nanny by Vera Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
$4.99 Amazon
This was actually a cute little read. Yes, there was steamy dirty talk and more. But it really was a great story. I enjoyed Tianna and Keiran. I liked seeing Tianna change from who she thought she had to be, into who she was. Looking for a quick steamy read... pick this up!





Obsession and SacrificeObsession and Sacrifice by Tiffany Carmouche
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
$2.99 Amazon
Explosive, that's the only way to describe this book. It was such an amazing read, I couldn't put it down! The ending had me screaming for more! I love how even with all she's been through and dealing with now, that Nicole is such a strong person. (It's also nice to read my name over and over haha) But, really, it's just a fantastic continuation of Imposter. Impatiently I await the 3rd book in this series. Love does conquer all!





 Once Tempted (Silver Creek, #1)Once Tempted by Laura Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
$7.99 Amazon
This was such an amazing book! I couldn't put it down. A phenomenal love story if I ever read one. The characters are so well developed, you feel as if you really know them. Who couldn't fall in love with a gorgeous, generous, loving cowboy? Tess and Ward create such a passionate fire between them that I was seeking out my husband when I finished the book. It gave me a need to be held. An absolute great read.




Painted MemoriesPainted Memories by Loni Flowers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
$2.99 Amazon
Painted memories is a story about letting go of the past. Moving on, living your life. Sometimes we hold on to things that we shouldn't bear the blame for, or carry pain we shouldn't.

I think this book is just a great feel good romance. Lilly doesn't want a relationship. She doesn't think she can handle it, need it. But along come Drew and Tyler. Two men at once, who should she choose?
Can she face her past in time to not lose the one she really wants?

I enjoyed the characters in this book. They were so well developed. It was such an in depth back story being told that you get a genuine feeling that you know each character. You can feel their emotions. You can emphasize.

I really think this is just a great, make you feel good, romance. I enjoyed it.



Slow Burn (Smoke Jumpers, #2)Slow Burn by Anne Marsh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
$7.19 Amazon
Holy Smokes! And, I mean that pun intentionally. This is one hot, action packed, sex crazed book. I could not stop reading! The author makes every minute detail seem important and her words just grab you by the collar and won't let go. Faye, recently divorced, heads off to Strong for a free lance photo job. Evan, a smoke jumper (firemen who jump out of planes) is asked by his old military buddy (Faye's ex husband) to keep an eye on her. What Evan doesn't know, is the biggest fire that summer will be the one between him and Faye. Oh man does this book pack a punch. The delivery was just too good to be true. Everyone loves a sexy fireman, but this book takes them to a whole new level of hotness! *Hooked* Not sure I would pay $7 for an e-book though.



 South of Bixby BridgeSouth of Bixby Bridge by Ryan Winfield
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
$3.99 Amazon
I don't often read books by authors I don't know. I purchased South of Bixby Bridge for my kindle, thinking I would read it when I ran out of other books. I scanned through a few pages, and was so intrigued within 1 paragraph that I had to go and read it right away. 1 day.. I read the whole thing and plan to read it again. I can't wait to read another title by Ryan. I love the complexity of the characters. I loved how they interact with each other and I highly recommend this book!!

I have since read this book 3 times! It's just better and better each time



 Suicide NoteSuicide Note by Teresa Mummert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
$2.99 Amazon
Have you ever watched a chick flick and wished you could read the book? Had just such an amazing love story, you want to relive it over and over? This is the opposite. I read this book and AM DYING to see it as a movie. I will most definitely be re-reading this book over and over. I think it could be one of the greatest Romance Movies ever! This author has a way of writing that makes you feel everything each character is going through.

I'll admit it. I cried, a lot. I laughed, smiled, grinned, and cried some more. It's been a long time since a book has caused such turmoil in my emotions. Along the lines of "The Notebook", "Dear John" and other such great love stories, Shane and Jenn will outlast them all.

Shane, always trying to be the protector, thinks Jenn is going to kill herself. Jenn, battling a heavy array of letdowns in life, love and work, just wants to be alone. He basically forces himself upon her, and from there, you're taken on a rollercoaster of astounding quality. The ups and downs, and in between, this book lacks for nothing. Every page is filled with feelings, and love that just grabs you by your shirt collar and holds you in. I couldn't put this down. I stayed up all night, and even snuck some reading in at work, trying to finish. I have to say, Suicide Note is now in my top 5 books of all time!



 Textual Encounters (The Christine + Jake Affair, #1)Textual Encounters by Morgan Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
$0.99 Amazon
This is quite an interesting read! It's a very heartfelt journey of "What if" you text the wrong number. It's such a good story. The writing is different. You feel like you're actually hearing or reading a conversation between two people. I kind of felt like I was sneaking through someone's phone. But it was so good. It's a great short read, and I absolutely want to read the next one! I'm hooked!




 The EDGE Of TrustThe EDGE Of Trust by K.T. Bryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

$0.99 Amazon

This book has it all. The thrills of an action book, the action of a thriller. Throw in a crazy romance, and it's everything you could ever want in a book. From the heart pounding suspense, to the heat it up love story. Dillon is by far my new fave book boyfriend. I love stories that include military men, navy seals, hot muscly guys! This was one of those books that you just couldn't put down! I'd go into more detail, but I def don't want to ruin it for anyone else!



 When the Siren CallsWhen the Siren Calls by Tom Barry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not sure if I really enjoyed this book. The inner look at relationships, A deep view into the personal lives of the characters, Their unhappy marriages, still unhappy while cheating, unhappy in business. On one hand it reads like a book on business, and on the other, it's like a full on smut novel. I think this is a reason men shouldn't write romance. They turn it into something dirty. It's interesting to see how each person handles their situation, but at the same time, there are just long, drawn out parts you have to struggle through. It wasn't a horrible read, just, eh. Just there. So not worth the $5 it costs in e-format.




Written in the StarsWritten in the Stars by Jennifer Martinez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
$0.99 Amazon
I have to say, I really like Coll. Having been there done that, this book really meant something to me. I understood the journey that Mack went through. The author captured those details very well. I would have loved to see more about Mack and Coll. I think the characters are well developed, even the ones you see little of. Being completely different from what I've read by this author, I think it's a sweet little romance, and a powerful message. To me, the book says, Don't regret any decisions you've made, because you'll end up where you belong. If you want a short sweet read, try this.


No comments:

Post a Comment